|7g||0.2oz||cream of tartar|
|29g||1oz||PreGel Vanilla Mexico Superior Traditional Paste
- Sift all dry ingredients together and place in the mixer with a paddle.
- Slowly add the milk(1) and PreGel Vanilla Mexico Superior Traditional Paste while mixing on low speed, then mix on medium speed for five minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg whites, eggs and milk(2), then add this liquid mixture to the batter in three additions.
- Remove from mixer and scoop batter into desired cupcake molds, filling about halfway.
- At this point, customize the cupcakes using the provided variations.
- Bake at 325°F until done.
Yield: approx. 50 cupcakes
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake: Mix PreGel Fragolissima Arabeschi® (Whole Strawberries) with a little bit of flour. Measure 28g of Strawberry mix, add to each cupcake and swirl.
- Blueberry Bliss Cupcake: Mix a small amount of flour and PreGel Bilberry Fortefrutto® (European Blueberries). Measure 20g of the Bilberry mix, place in the center of each cupcake and swirl.
- Coconut Dream Cupcake: Mix PreGel Coconut Traditional Paste with pastry flour to break up the crumbs. Fold in 85g of the coconut mix for every 350g of cupcake batter.
- Boston Cream Pie Cupcake: After baking each white cupcake and cooling, fill with 15g of pastry cream (recipe below).
Pastry Cream Superior (Cold Process)
|175g||6.2oz||5-Star Chef Pastry Select Pastry Cream Superior|
- Whisk 5-Star Chef Pastry Select Pastry Cream Superior (Cold Process) powder into cold milk until all powder is dissolved and mixture is uniform.
- Allow to set in refrigerator.
- Before use, hand whisk pastry cream to result in a smooth texture.
|425g||15oz||meringue (recipe below)|
|15g||0.5oz||PreGel Vanilla Mexico Superior Traditional Paste|
- Prepare meringue as per instructions below.
- Soften butter in a mixer using a paddle.
- Add butter to 15 ounces of meringue in small additions while mixing.
- Mix until evenly incorporated. Used as needed.
- Strawberry Buttercream for Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake: Mix 28g of PreGel Fragolissima Arabeschi® (Whole Strawberries) to 250g of buttercream.
- Orange Buttercream for Blueberry Bliss Cupcake: Mix 15g (to taste) PreGel Orange Fortefrutto® to 250g of buttercream.
- Coconut Buttercream for Coconut Dream Cupcake: Mix 95g of PreGel Coconut Traditional Paste to 250g of buttercream.
- Chocolate Buttercream for Boston Cream Pie Cupcake: Place 255g of PreGel Cacaopat Traditional Paste (Chocolate – Unsweet) in microwave to soften, then incorporate into 250g buttercream.
|66g||2.3oz||PreGel Albumissimo (Egg White Base)|
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a whip attachment, add sugar and water.
- Whip until sugar is dissolved. Add PreGel Albumissimo (Egg White Base) and whip until stiff peaks are obtained.