Effective September 2016
PreGel America serves as the distribution center for North America. To efficiently serve our market, we have a warehouse located in City of Industry, CA and a warehouse in Concord, NC. We work with various shipping companies to ensure the best possible pricing for our customers.
Domestic Shipping Guidelines
- It is PreGel’s policy that all orders will be shipped within (3) three business days.
- Shipping times may vary based on the customer’s location, order volume, product availability, inclement weather, peak seasons and annual holidays. Please allow 3-7 business days to receive your shipment.
- Standard shipping methods are UPS Ground and other LTL Carriers, unless otherwise specified.
- To qualify for prepaid freight (ground shipping with no additional services) the following criteria must be met:
- Order total must be a minimum of $1,500.00 after applying all discounts (if applicable).
- Entire order must ship to one destination (no split shipments).
- Order must be shipped within the continental U.S. (excluding Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and Guam).
- Special shipping instructions must be communicated at the time of order. The customer is responsible for additional services that are not covered under prepaid freight; including but not limited to:
- Inside delivery
- Lift gate service
- Redirection (address change)
- Residential delivery
- Call notifications
- Sorting and Segregation service (Lumper Fee)
- Guaranteed time delivery services
- Additional services will be added to the invoice or billed at a later date.
International Shipping Guidelines
- The customer will be responsible for providing and procuring a freight company that specializes in food shipment to the country they plan to ship to, as well as a customs broker.
- The customer must provide PreGel America with the proper information and documentation to ensure that the product arrives at their freight forwarder in a timely manner.
- PreGel America will assist with document procurement. However, we are not liable for any delays and costs for shipments that are held in port.
Tracking your Shipment
Each invoice you receive from PreGel America will include the tracking information for your shipment. This is usually provided to you within 1 business day after your order has shipped. You may track your order by visiting the carrier’s website. Should you need assistance, please do not hesitate to call us.
Inspect your shipment at the time of arrival. Make sure to notate any damaged or missing items on the bill of lading (delivery slip). Remember to review before you sign.
If you have any questions regarding any of these policies, or need further clarification, please feel free to contact your Special Service Team Representative or Sales Representative. You can reach us toll-free at 866-977-3435.
PreGel America Returns, Damages, and Replacement Policies
Effective October 2016
PreGel America is committed to 100% customer satisfaction. We do understand there are situations that may cause you to return or not accept your purchase. Our policies for these situations are as follows:
An RMA number must be obtained before returned product will be accepted. Once reported, an RMA number will be provided to you.
a. Products that are returned without an RMA number will not be refunded.
b. Products that are brought to one of our warehouse for return will be refused without an RMA number.
Returns must be reported (via phone, email, or fax) within 5 business days of the receipt of goods. – No Exceptions.
Returns must consist of the full case amount, with the contents remaining unopened. Partial cases are not accepted and will not be refunded. – No Exceptions.
Once reported, the customer will have (30) days from the date of delivery to return said items. We will not accept any returns after 30 days – No Exceptions.
The cost and method of return is the customer’s financial responsibility, unless the returned items were shipped in error.
a. A call tag will be issued to pick up the undesired return items. The customer is financially responsible for each service request. The cost of this service will be deducted from the final credit.
b. If items were shipped in error, PreGel will be financially responsible for the cost of the initial call tag.
c. Each call tag issued consists of 3 pickup attempts. After the 3 attempts have been made, the call tag will expire.
Returns for unwanted items or items ordered in error are subject to a 10% restocking fee.
If call tag service is requested, please remember to have your package(s) ready for pick-up. Additional call tag requests may be charged back to the customer.
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the returned item(s) are packaged securely to eliminate/minimize any possible damage in transit.
Upon receipt of returned product, PreGel will inspect it to determine if the product has been tampered with. Once it has passed inspection, we will issue the appropriate credit or refund.
Damages must be reported (via phone, email, or fax) within 5 business days of the receipt of goods – No Exceptions.
Any noticed damaged must be noted at the time of delivery. Please notify the driver immediately of any suspected damages, BEFORE you sign.
The customer has the right to refuse damaged goods. Please report any damage to us as soon as possible. PreGel cannot guarantee a credit if the damages are not noted or reported in a timely manner.
A photograph of the damaged product must be provided. Replacements for whole damaged cases will ship at no additional cost to the customer, or partial credit may be requested.
Please keep in mind, if the contents of your package are not punctured, leaking, dented, crushed, or ripped, it is not considered damaged. Cosmetic damage (damage to the packaging) is not considered damage if the contents remain intact.
Damaged items should be discarded after reporting. PreGel America does not condone nor is held liable for the use of products from damaged containers. Using damaged product may be unsafe for human consumption.
Occasionally, you may receive an item you did not order, or possibly ordered the wrong item. In this event the following terms apply:
- Items that have been received in error must be reported within 10 business days of the receipt of goods. – No Exceptions.
If you have received an item in error, PreGel will arrange to pick up and ship out the replacement order.
If the customer orders an incorrect item, the customer is responsible for the return of those items. Please see our return policy.
PreGel America will not be responsible for the shipping costs of product returned for reasons other than replacements for damaged item(s) or shipping errors.
If you have any questions regarding any of these policies, or need further clarification, please feel free to contact your Special Service Team Representative, or Sales Representative. You can reach us toll free at 866-977-3435.
Please note that this policy is subject to change without notice.
Applying for Credit Terms and Credit Limits
Effective August 2014
Applying for Credit Terms
In order to apply for credit with PreGel America, a completed credit application must be submitted. Please be sure to ask your Special Service Team Representative or Sales Representative to provide you with an application.
- All applications must include an Accounting contact and correct personnel for all correspondence.
- The Trade Reference section has to be completed in full: Vendor name, address, valid phone number and fax number. (If you have an account number with the vendor, please include that as well.) You may fax, email, or mail in your credit application.)
- Credit applications must be completed with a minimum of three (3) valid credit references. Processing times are subject to the timely response of the reference provided. We suggest that you inform your reference that we will be contacting them ahead of time.
- If credit terms are denied for any reason the applicant will have to submit another application 30 days after receipt of a denial letter.
- New customers – credit limits will be determined based on the credit merit of the customer. Credit merit is determined by the best available credit information including, but not limited to credit information supplied by the customer and confirmed by their vendors, and other information supplied to the Accounting Department.
- Existing customers – credit limits will be reviewed semi-annually by the Accounting Department. Limits will be revised as necessary based on customer credit merit, payment history, and any other information available.
- For customers that exceed 60 days past due, the sales representative will be notified to enlist their help in collection efforts. Accounts over 60 days will automatically be placed on hold. In order for pending orders to be released the customer must contact the Accounting Department to arrange payment/discuss the account’s current balance.
- Unsuccessful attempts at collection will result in a default account and will be turned over to a collection agency.
- If you have any questions regarding any of this policy, or need further clarification, please feel free to contact your Special Service Team Representative, or Sales Representative.
You can reach us toll-free at 866-977-3435 or 866-977-3435.
Thank you for choosing with PreGel America, your business is greatly appreciated.
Please note that this policy is subject to change without notice.