Well, here we are –the last official issue of Views from the Tree. Writing this column is bittersweet as it is anytime you close the door to the past, and open another one to the future. Sometimes the hardest decision is the one to move forward when you are content with where you are. There is a time and place for contentment and having that mindless sense of security, but we all know there is a point everyone reaches when a challenge and opportunity to break out becomes more appealing, and Views from the Tree is at that point.
Before we look to the future, this issue will honor what we have built with this magazine the last 24 issues. In Back to Our Roots, our Editor Jillian Hillard shares the story of how this publication came to be. In What’s Blooming, our most memorable issues are highlighted. It’s been six years since we launched Issue 1 and I hope you all agree we have succeeded in our mission to create a content piece that continuously educates and keeps you connected to our brand and the market. And keeping you connected with us is exactly what we intend to do with the new redesign of the magazine.
I promised an unveiling, and you will get that when Issue 25 hits your mailboxes (we can’t spoil the surprise now!), but here’s what I can share about the refreshed magazine:
- We will uphold our commitment to turning out unbiased, high-level articles coupled
- with compelling design in the same fashion as Views from the Tree, but continue to push the envelope
- The new name and tagline will align closer with our company, our mission and our overall brand
- The new magazine will capture more perspectives within the industry on trends and hot topics
- The design will reflect a more global and innovative look and feel that resonates with the current design trends and presentation of desserts in the industry
- Versions of the magazine will be distributed in both North and South America, and rolled out in Spanish, French and Portuguese
We believe you will be pleased and excited with the new layout and direction, and I encourage your feedback after you receive the first issue. We’d also love to hear you share your memories and hear about your favorite Views from the Tree articles, recipes and issues on our social media pages using the hashtag #ViewsfromtheTree.
As you receive this issue, it will also be the end of another year as we look to 2015. As always, I want to take a moment to thank you for your continued partnership and support. We hope we have served you well this past year and helped contribute to your own successes. We have lots of new initiatives in store for you next year so remember to check back with us via a training course in LA or Charlotte, a peek at our website from time-to-time, turning the pages of this magazine or opening one of our eNewsletters. We look forward to continuing to surpass your expectations and wish you the very best in 2015.
To New Endeavors and Happy New Year, Marco Casol