Understanding the versatility of products can help any business add to its existing offerings without adding expense. It just takes a little creativity and imagination. 5-Ways will feature one of PreGel’s premium products each issue and showcase a plethora of uses for it to capitalize on your investment.
Here are some great ideas on how to use PreGel’s Peach-Mango Fortefrutto® or 5-Star Chef Pastry Select Peach-Mango Compound. Both product flavors are described as a delicate yet flavorful combination of peach and mango. Straight from the Professional Training Center chefs are five different dessert creations for this stellar product. First, a few things to keep in mind when creating your own recipes using PreGel’s 5-Star Chef Pastry Select Peach-Mango Compound or Peach-Mango Fortefrutto:
• Peach-Mango Compound and Fortefrutto® can be used to flavor a wide variety of items. In general, start by adding 3%-5% of Peach-Mango, then adjust to your liking.
• Be careful when adding into products with high dairy content, such as mousse and Bavarian cream. When possible, incorporate into items such as pastry cream, before folding into a whipped cream.
Find all the recipes for 5-Ways at www.pregelrecipes.com and select the Views From the Tree category.
White Chocolate Peach-Mango BonBon
|400g||14.1oz||heavy cream, warmed|
|80g||2.8oz||5-Star Chef Pastry Select Peach-Mango Compound|
|150g||5.3oz||butter, room temperature|
|200g||7.0oz||Cacao Barry Blanc Satin White Chocolate Couverture, melted
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Combine the sugar and glucose, and caramelize.
2. Slowly add in the heavy cream to deglaze the caramel. Once all the cream is added, return to a full boil.
3. Bring to a full boil the apricot puree and the 5-Star Chef Pastry Select Peach-Mango Compound, and add to the cream mixture. Bring to 106°C/222°F. Leave to cool.
4. Mix in the butter until combined, then add in the melted white chocolate.
5. Pipe the ganache into moulded shells and allow to cool before closing.