A breakfast buffet sure to make anyone an early riser. (To download the poster as a whole, click here.)
|37g||1.3oz||5-Star Chef Pastry Select
|330g||11.6oz||butter (for the butter block)|
Method of Preparation
Two days before baking:
1. Bring the eggs and milk to 65°F (18°C). Place all of the ingredients, except the butter block, in the bowl of a five quart mixer and mix with a dough hook at low speed until the dough comes together, 3–4 minutes.
2. Increase the mixer speed to medium and continue to mix for an additional minute.
3. Remove the dough from the mixer and place in a proofing container sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cover and let rise for about two hours.
4. After about two hours, loosely shape the dough into a rectangle and place on a parchment lined half sheet pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
5. Make the butter block and also refrigerate overnight.
One day before baking:
1. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes. While the dough is in the freezer, remove the butter block from the refrigerator and soften by hammering it with a rolling pin to a pliable consistency.
2. Remove the dough from the freezer and roll out to a 16×8-inch rectangle. Place the butter block in the center of the dough (short sides of butter touching long sides of dough) and fold the short edges of the dough toward each other to meet in the center. Press the edges together with your hands.
3. Continue with lamination procedure to perform a total of 3 trifolds to yield 27 layers.
4. Place the dough onto a parchment lined sheet pan and cover with plastic wrap. Put the dough into the freezer for one hour to rest, then remove and put into the refrigerator overnight.
1. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
2. Remove the dough from the freezer and sheet to 6mm.
3. Spread the pistachio filling (see below) along the entire surface of the dough, leaving a one-inch lip at the bottom for the seal.
4. Brush the bottom of the dough with a light egg wash.
5. Roll the dough from top to bottom and seal the dough at the bottom.
6. Cut into one-inch units and lay flat on a baking tray.
7. Proof and bake at 350°F/176°C until golden.
|50g||1.8oz||5-Star Chef Pastry Select
Pistachio Superior Paste
Method of Preparation
1. Cream the soft butter, and then add the sugar and pistachio flour.
2. Add the eggs one by one, cream well and then add in the flour.
3. Add pistachio paste and mix until smooth.
4. Use as needed to fill danish.
* PreGel Pistachio Sicilia Traditional Paste ( Pure Pistachio) can be used to replace the 5-Star Chef Pastry Select Pistachio Superior Paste. PreGel Vanilla Purissima Bean Traditional Paste or PreGel Vanilla Velvet Traditional Paste (American Vanilla) can be used to replace 5-Star Chef Pastry Select Vanilla Compound.