The Distribution Associate is responsible for performing manual and clerical work related to the receiving, storing, and issuing of goods in a shipping and receiving warehouse setting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use RF scanner to pull and check orders.
- Maintains working knowledge of warehouse management system and performs various tasks within the system.
- Palletize, weigh and wrap orders for LTL shipment. Repack to fortify small parcel shipments.
- Operates electric pallet jack and other powered industrial forklifts to load and unload trailers, transport and put away inventory.
- Performs cycle counts.
- Assists in receiving incoming inventory items, sorting and segregating product as needed.
- Follows all company policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective, and safe warehouse operations.
- Cleans, organizes and maintains housekeeping of warehouse and surrounding area.
- Maintains professional and courteous contact with third party vendors, drivers, and customers regarding all aspects of the shipping process.
- Supports PreGel America in a variety of other duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor or the Company.
Education, Work Experience and other requirements:
This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED with 2-4 years of experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job as outlined above. Interpersonal communication skills are a must. A strong commitment to a team culture and positive attitude is required. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs on a routine basis throughout course of 8 hour work day.
Must be familiar with WMS systems. Must be certified to operate forklift, pallet jack, scales, copiers, scanners, and other office technology. Must be able to independently research, analyze, organize and prioritize work.