Caribbean Rum Cake
|100g||3.5oz||5-Star Chef Pastry Select™|
|20g||0.71oz||5-Star Chef Pastry Select™|
|40g||1.4oz||PreGel Malaga Traditional Paste (with the raisins removed)|
Method of Preparation
- Cream butter in an electric mixing bowl with the paddle attachment.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Combine oil, milk and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients to butter and mix to combine.
- Add oil/milk/egg mixture and mix for 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping the bowl after one minute.
- Add rum, 5-Star Chef Pastry Select™ Vanilla Compound, and PreGel Malaga Traditional Paste with the raisins removed and mix for one more minute.
- Butter and flour a large bundt pan and pour batter into it.
- Bake at 160°C/320°F for 50-55 minutes.
- Turn cake out of bundt pan and using a brush, apply Rum Syrup to the cake, soaking it evenly.
- Finish off with the Glaze.