PreGel is excited to announce its successful showcase of artisanal dessert ingredient novelties during this year’s National Restaurant Association Show held on May 21-24, 2016 at Chicago’s McCormick Place Convention Center. Located just at the North Hall entrance, PreGel’s booth #7113 was a spectacle to behold immediately upon view—a visual preface to the impressive collection of products and tools that show attendees were able to see and taste. Every station at PreGel’s ingredient metropolis presented a sensational show of live demonstrations, dessert appeal, precision, and efficiency, emphasized by stirring new product innovation beginning with bases.
The foundation to an exceptional frozen dessert begins with a high quality base. PreGel’s compilation of specialty dessert bases has been expanded with the inclusion of several new products:
- Vegan Base – A powdered Hot Process Base that is 100% vegan, made with rice and cocoa butter. Easily prepare both classic flavors and fruit sorbets utilizing pasteurization or simply by adding boiling water or boiling vegetable milk to the mix.
- Base Zero E – A Hot Process Base, totally free of additives that satisfy the needs for a healthy and natural lifestyle. This product contains no emulsifiers or stabilizers. The ZeroE Base provides the ability to obtain a compact gelato, which keeps its creamy texture and has a great persistence in the showcase.
- Base Zero E Fruit – A Cold Process Base that emphasizes all the nuances of the fruit flavors. This product is totally free of additives and fats. ZeroE Fruit Base is ideal for producing sorbets with a natural or fruity flavor.
In addition to quality bases, PreGel introduced more superior flavorings to its Super Sprint and Traditional Pastes lines including:
- Tangerine Super Sprint – A complete powdered product that creates the refreshing essence of freshly peeled, sweet and juicy tangerine citrus fruit.
- Orange and Cream Super Sprint – A complete powdered product that delivers the authentic flavor of ripe citrus oranges deliciously blended with sweet cream to produce the classic flavor of an orange dreamsicle.
- Crema Whisky Traditional Paste – Coffee is one of America’s most beloved drinks, though flavorfully enhanced when spiked with the sweet, smoky malt essence of smooth whisky. With the unique flavor profile of this creamy, gluten-free paste, the dessert possibilities are endless.
- Pure Pistachio Anatolia Traditional Paste – A pure pistachio paste made from pistachios from the Anatolia region of Turkey without any added colors or flavors.
PreGel’s new Arabeschi® toppings and fillings enlivened the company’s diverse line of dessert sauces with new varieties featuring some of today’s trending flavors:
- Fantasia Croccante Arabeschi – The taste of this delicious topping and filling sauce merges the soft crunch of cashew nuts and buttery sweetness of caramel, making it capable to transform any dessert into a crunchy fantasy of culinary magic.
- Otto Biscotto Caramel Arabeschi – A new Arabeschi® that boasts the intense and enveloping flavor of caramelized cookie. This sauce can also be used as a Paste for ice cream or gelato.
Aside from quality ingredients, the right tools are also necessary for culinary success. PreGel premiered its latest gelato tool concept to great interest:
- Gelato Slice – An innovative tool kit that will allow chefs to present precisely cut pieces of beautifully layered gelato and cake.
High-end pastry products are a huge part of PreGel’s superior dessert ingredient offerings. Launching this year were three pastry bases full of flavor, yet free of gluten, including:
- 5-Star Chef Pastry SelectTM Gluten-Free Éclair Base – An extremely efficient powder base for the creation of choux pastry application. Using only hot water, this mix removes the cumbersome aspect of preparation, and leaves room for endless creativity.
- 5-Star Chef Pastry SelectTM Gluten-Free Pronto Flamenco – An extremely versatile powdered product for creating sponge cake, roulade, and other baked goods with the simple addition of water and eggs. Once the product is made, it maintains its flavor and texture for several days. Perfect for enriching with fresh fruit, chocolate, or dried fruit.
- 5-Star Chef Pastry SelectTM Gluten-Free Macaron Mix – An innovative powdered mix that creates fun, light and airy French macaron shells with only the addition of water.
PreGel presented an abundance of beverage ingredient options that correlate with today’s hottest drink trends in a substantial assortment of flavors, tastes, and textures, including:
- Frappe Mixes – PreGel’s innovative Frappe mixes make up a line of powdered base flavorings for the creation of exquisite frappes. Available in Coffee, Yogurt, Salted Caramel, and Neutral Base, the newest addition to our collection of Specialty Beverage Solutions, these frappe mixes boast a delightful creamy texture, and offer absolute ease-of-use. Amplify these delicious beverage recipes with the addition of PreGel’s Fruit Lounge Syrups to create a bevy tailor-made drinks that are specific to every consumers taste.
The company also gave showgoers an exciting preview of an upcoming addition to our innovative line of Specialty Beverage Solutions to create concretes, one of today’s most popular spoonable treats.
- Custard Base – A powdered base for the preparation of traditional frozen custard. This base can be made in a continuous freezer or a batch freezer. The finished product has a creamy texture and rich mouthfeel, with sweet, creamy flavor complemented by notes of egg and vanilla, reminiscent of traditional frozen custard.
All of PreGel’s specialty dessert ingredients are available for sampling and the company is consistently developing new recipes to accompany them. For more information about PreGel’s ingredient solution, click here.