The Sales Consultant is responsible for managing all sales related activities, from lead generation to active client maintenance within the assigned territory. Other duties include but are not limited to: developing and implementing a Business and Marketing Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area; working within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values. There are no supervisory duties related to this position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge while managing accounts in assigned territory
- Develop and implement annual business plan in conjunction with Sales Manager, detailing leads and customer retention during the fiscal year, while focusing on ways to meet or exceed sales quota goals
- Work with the Events and Marketing Assistant in the coordination of company participation in trade shows and conventions
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads, attending trade shows and conferences, etc.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and identify prospects, business problems, the effects of the problems, and solutions to their problems, etc.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking
- Monitor market conditions, product success, competitor’s products, sales and prices to be able to best suggest improvements to prospects and clients for each of their business needs
- Gather and submit detailed business information such as price quotes, estimates, credit/contract terms, delivery dates, etc.
- Work with various departments to provide customers with products samples, catalogs, tec.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities, including the use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential
- Continuously communicate with clients in the market to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and answer questions pertaining to products and their uses, prices, availability, and credit terms for example
- Recommend products to customers based on their needs and interests
- Demonstrate the ability to interact and maintain professional internal and external relationships with all co-workers, business owners, vendors, clients and potential clients
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale , including continued support to resolve issues after the close
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, core values and business ethics codes at all times
- Support PreGel AMERICA in a variety of other duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor
Education, Work Experience and other requirements:
This position requires a minimum of a four year degree with 4-6 years of job related experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job as outlined above. Interpersonal communication skills are a must. A strong commitment to a team culture, positive attitude, an understanding of customer requirements and market dynamics are a must. Extensive travel is required. Foreign language (Italian, Spanish) a plus.
Must be familiar with Microsoft office programs such as Outlook, Word, and Excel. Must be able to operate copiers, scanners, and other office technology. Must be able to independently research, analyze, organize and prioritize work; build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity. Must have proven success in the sales field with emphasis on food/culinary experience and the ability to meet and exceed sales quotas. Prefer previous experience working directly for a food distributor; as well as a background working with pastries and frozen desserts.
Great Lakes: Based out of Chicago to cover IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
This is a full time position.Submit your resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by U.S. mail
4450 Fortune Ave NW
Concord, NC 28027