Dallas, TX area
Pastry Chef – Satellite Training Center
The Pastry Chef is responsible for maintaining the daily functions of a satellite training center at a high level of quality with minimal assistance and supervision. This position requires a thorough knowledge of pastry ingredients and their functions in baking, pastry, and frozen dessert applications. This person will be required to travel, approximately 40-50% of the time, for various tradeshows and demonstrations with sales reps as needed to support sales. There are no supervisory duties related to this position. This position will be based out of the Dallas, TX area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Using classic and modern techniques, properly produce a variety of pastry and dessert items as needed for recipe testing, classes, tastings, presentations, tradeshows, etc.
- Prepare for and instruct customers, leads, and/or coworkers in pastry and frozen dessert classes and demonstrations, with an emphasis on supporting the sales of PreGel America products
- Recommend products to customers and potential customers based on their needs and interests
- Research, test, and develop recipes for PreGel AMERICA’s products as needed to produce innovative applications, and present all research to the Corporate Pastry Chef
- Properly use a variety of equipment including but not limited to ovens, mixers, chocolate tempering machines, batch freezers, blast freezers, display cases, soft serve machines, scales, immersion blenders, dishwashers, etc.
- Follow industry standards for food safety procedures; regularly check ingredient quality, expiration dates, etc.; maintain clean storage areas for all food products including dry storage, refrigerators, and freezers
- Adapt the quantity of ingredients used to match the amount of finished products needed
- Check equipment to ensure that it meets health and safety regulations
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment; regularly clean tools, small equipment, large equipment, work stations, etc.
- Follow Training Center policies and procedures
- Work closely with your direct team members, as a contributing team player.
- Work closely with other departments within the organization to accomplish daily tasks which can include but are not limited to: ingredient, tool and equipment inventory; purchase order requisitions, purchasing, and filing expenses; calculating food costs; planning, preparing, and traveling to tradeshows and demonstrations; communicating with employees, customers, leads, partners, sponsors, and equipment vendors
- Support PreGel AMERICA in a variety of other duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor
- Must be familiar with Microsoft office programs such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must be able to operate copiers, scanners, and other office technology.
- Must be able to independently research, analyze, organize, and prioritize work.
- Maintain a current knowledge of pastry ingredients and their functions in baking and pastry.
- Skilled in all areas of baking, pastry production, frozen dessert production, and cooking techniques.
- A strong commitment to a team culture and positive attitude is required.
- Ability to gain, maintain and update a thorough knowledge of all PreGel AMERICA’s products.
- Must be able to communicate proficiently in English.
- Interpersonal communication skills are a must.
Required Education and Certification
- Requires a minimum of a 4-year degree in pastry/culinary field with 1-3 years of job-related experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job as outlined above
- ServSafe Certified is preferred.
- Must be able to work in a standing position on a hard surface for extended periods of time each
- Frequent bending, reaching, twisting, kneeling, crawling, and pushing/pulling.
- Must ascend and descend stairs and ladders, sometimes while carrying tools or objects.
- Able to handle, lift, and lower objects totaling 50 pounds between the ground/deck level to a height of about 4 to 6 feet, and able to repeat these movements.