- Gelato, Sorbetto & Ice Cream
- Soft Serve Ice Cream
- Pastry & Confections
- Specialty Beverage Solutions
- ServIce® Supplies
116 S Brent Circle Walnut, CA 91789
The Pastry Chef is responsible for working closely with the Corporate Pastry Chef and designated sales reps to conduct classes and support sales of PreGel AMERICA’s products. This position requires a thorough knowledge of pastry ingredients and their functions in baking and pastry. Other duties include but are not limited to: prep work; testing of products; and cleaning of the kitchen. Exposure to baking, safety and sanitation, recipe development, pastry production, cooking techniques, plated dessert preparation, cake decorating, frozen desserts, cookies, chocolates and sugar confections are all involved. This person performs as a training instructor during the pastry and gelato classes, demos and more. This person will be required to travel for various tradeshows and demonstrations within the US and South America as needed to support sales.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct customers and/or coworkers in pastry and gelato classes as scheduled
- Work closely with other departments within the organization in regards to various requests for training opportunities on site and off site
- Work with the Events and Marketing team as needed for various tradeshows, and travel as needed to participate in tradeshows
- Recommend products to customers and potential customers based on their needs and interests
- Research and test PreGel AMERICA’s products as needed to produce innovative pastry applications
- Develop recipes based on results of testing and present them to the Corporate Pastry Chef
- Promote and develop PreGel AMERICA’s pastry line by taking previous knowledge of ingredients and production techniques, combined with acquired knowledge of PreGel AMERICA’s products, and introduce to others in the form of demos, classes, etc.
- Assist the Corporate Pastry Chef in the implementation of the PreGel AMERICA pastry line as outlined in the Pastry Line marketing plan
- Maintain an accurate understanding of food cost, effective inventory management, sanitation and food safety procedures
- Combine, measure, weigh, roll, mix, blend, knead, cook, cut, and shape ingredients to form a variety of pastry products such as crusts, dough, fillings, cookies, etc.
- Use a variety of equipment including but not limited to ovens, mixers, chocolate tempering machines, batch freezers, blast freezers, display cases, soft serve machines, scales and immersion blenders
- Adjust oven temperatures and observe items while baking to ensure quality end products
- Check the quality of raw materials to make certain that standards and specifications are met
- Ability to adapt the quantity of ingredients to match the amount of finished products needed
- Check equipment to ensure that it meets health and safety regulations
Submit your resume via email at email@example.com