- Gelato, Sorbetto & Ice Cream
- Soft Serve Ice Cream
- Pastry & Confections
- Specialty Beverage Solutions
- ServIce® Supplies
4450 Fortune Avenue NW
The Packaging Line Attendant is responsible for assisting the Manufacturing department and the team members with a variety of tasks. Duties include but are not limited to: operating machinery on the production line, cleaning and sanitizing the production equipment and area, and ensuring that procedures and standards are followed at all times. There are no supervisory duties related to this position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in general cleaning and sanitation of the production equipment and facility.
- Actively monitor and regulate the packaging and palletizing equipment, as directed, for accurate and efficient production of finished goods.
- Assist in general maintenance tasks, as needed and as directed by supervisor or Line Lead.
- Record and maintain relevant production data as required by supervisor or Line Lead.
- Notify supervisor immediately when standards or procedures are not being met.
- Observe equipment controls to determine whether or not the machine is operating at the appropriate levels.
- Clean and sterilize the containers and processing area as required.
- Turn knobs, press switches and regulate equipment as needed.
- Monitor machinery to detect possible malfunctions and report any potential issues immediately to supervisor.
- Set up, operate and tend to all packaging equipment following all safety procedures.
- Select, measure and weigh ingredients as necessary using appropriate scales and measurement systems for accuracy.
- Adjust equipment to maintain product quality according to PreGel and USDA standards.
- Review work orders, specifications or instructions to determine materials, ingredients, procedures, etc for each assignment.
- Ensure that quality and sanitation standards are constantly upheld in accordance with all food safety procedures and regulations, as detailed in the company HACCP plan and required in-house training.
- Assist with the receiving of raw material deliveries and other manufacturing supplies.
- Operate a fork lift for use in product transportation, always in adherence to applicable regulations and safety training protocol.
- Support PreGel America in a variety of other duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor.
Education, Work Experience and other requirements:
This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma with 1-3 years of job related experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job as outlined above. Attention to detail and accuracy are a must. Forklift certification is required. A strong commitment to a team culture and positive attitude is essential. Must be able to physically lift and carry up to 50lbs as well as work on your feet for extended periods of time on a daily basis. An understanding of sanitation and safety procedures are required. Health/food/safety certifications are highly recommended.
Must be familiar with Microsoft office programs such as Outlook, Word, and Excel. Must be able to operate machinery, lift up to 50lbs repetitively and stand on hard surfaces for long periods at a time. Must be able to independently research, analyze, organize and prioritize work. Food background experience, a basic understanding of food safety and filling machine or packaging line experience is preferred.
Submit your resume via email at email@example.com