4450 Fortune Ave NW Concord NC 28027
The Machine Operator I’s primary duties will include: operating machinery on the production line, cleaning and sanitizing the production equipment and area, and ensuring that procedures and standards are followed at all times. There are no supervisory duties related to this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Monitoring and maintaining equipment and machinery
· Setting up manufacturing equipment
· Using machine equipment to complete tasks
· Performing routine inspections of manufacturing equipment
· Evaluating the efficiency of each unit regularly, identifying improvements as needed
· Effective communication, include speaking, writing, active listening and taking instruction
· Keep attention to detail to identify maintenance, product or operations issues
· Assist in general cleaning and sanitation of the production equipment and facility.
· Actively monitor and regulate the packaging and palletizing equipment, as directed, for accurate and efficient production of finished goods.
· Must be familiar with Microsoft office programs such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Great time management.
· Excellent mechanical skills, including comfort with using tools to make simple repairs
· Quick troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Required Education and Certification
· This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma with 1-3 years of job-related experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job as outlined above.
· An understanding of sanitation and safety procedures are required (health/food/safety).
· Food background experience, a basic understanding of food safety and filling machine or packaging line experience is preferred.
· Ability stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach / bend / grasp with hands and arms duration of a 10-hour shift
· Ability to stand, sit or be in other physically demanding positions for long periods of time
· Ability to climb a full set of stairs multiple times a day
· Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. from ground level to waist-high, throughout the shift.
· Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. from waist level to shoulder-high, throughout the shift.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
· The employee will have exposure to potential allergens such as milk/dairy/nuts throughout the day