The Distribution Associate/Shipping Clerk is responsible for arranging for movement of freight to consignee/agent ensuring that all shipping documents are completed accurately and in a timely fashion & updates the system with information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transacts the release of open items to picking lists.
- Ensures FEFO/FIFO is followed for all transactions.
- Generates packing slips and prepares accurate shipping labels and bills of lading for outbound freight.
- Ensures that drivers depart with appropriate paperwork.
- Performs OS&D (overage, shortage and damage) functions, as required.
- Maintains safe, clean and organized shipping station, stocked with materials and in working order.
- Follows all company policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective, and safe warehouse operations.
- Maintains working knowledge of warehouse data system and performs various tasks within the system.
- Maintains professional and courteous contact with third party vendors, drivers, and customers regarding all aspects of the shipping process
- Supports PreGel America in a variety of other duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor or the Company.
Education, Work Experience and other requirements:
This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED with 2-4 years of experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job as outlined above. Interpersonal communication skills are a must. A strong commitment to a team culture and positive attitude is required. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs on a routine basis throughout course of 8 hour work day.
Must be familiar with shipping software, freight claims processing, and WMS systems. Must be detail oriented with excellent communications skills and the ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision. Must be able to operate forklift, pallet jack, scales, copiers, scanners, and other office technology.