NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The Gelato World Tour, the world’s premiere cross-cultural artisan gelato competition, has partnered with GTI Designs, Inc. to announce the 13 elite gelato flavors that will compete in the New York Challenge taking place April 27, 2017 at the James Beard House in New York City.
The first place flavor from the New York Challenge will move on to the Grand Finale in Italy to compete against the top gelato flavors from around the world. The finale will be held in Rimini, Italy, September 8-10, 2017.
The 13 flavors that have been selected to compete at the Gelato World Tour New York Challenge are:
- Malted Milk with Maple Almond Brittle by Joshua Brambir, Pippin Gelato, New York City
- Tutto del Giardino by Anthony De Paola and Charles Ferrante, Gelato Kings, Farmingdale, New York
- Chocolate/Licorice by Daniel Burns, Luksus, New York City
- Goat Cheese with Fig Balsamic Reduction by Vincenzo Tettamanti, Gemelli Gelato, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Brown Butter Pecan by Jon Snyder, il laboratorio del gelato, New York City
- Daniel’s Chocolate by Maria Mansilla, La Argentina, Houston, Texas
- Egg Tart Gelato by Jacqueline Dole, Parlor Boston, Action, Massachusetts
- Rose Latte by Jen Kavlakov and Elishia Richards, Bucket & Bay Craft Gelato, Jersey City, New Jersey
- 3 Cheese and Mora by Guillermo Herrera Ramos, Dulce Gelato & Café, Toronto, Canada
- Coconut Pineapple by Kelly Chu, Cirsea, Charleston, South Carolina
- Coast to Coast by James Coleridge, Bella Gelateria, Vancouver, Canada
- Sheep Ricotta and Marmellata di Cipolle by Lorenzo Franchetti, Gelato Giusto, New York City
- Oak with Maple Glazed Walnuts by Karlton Holmes & Eric Treworgy, Pugnuts Ice Cream and Gelato Shop, Surry, Maine
The Gelato World Tour, with more than 1,500 competitors from 5 continents, is the most comprehensive gelato competition in the world. It has already visited nine cities: Rome, Valencia, Melbourne, Dubai, Austin, Berlin, Rimini, Singapore and Tokyo. The prestigious Carpigiani Gelato University and Sigep – Rimini Fiera, the most important trade show for traditional gelato and pastry, have organized the event. Main Partners are IFI, leading manufacturer of gelato display cases, and PreGel, the world’s largest producer of ingredients for gelato and pastry. The event is supported internationally by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Italian Ministry of Economic Development, and the Emilia Romagna Region.
Media credentials, photography, b-roll and more information are available upon request.
For Gelato World Tour:
731-427-2080 or 931-244-0656