The Pastry Chef is responsible for working closely with the Corporate Pastry Chef and designated sales reps to conduct classes and support sales of PreGel AMERICA products. This position requires a thorough knowledge of pastry ingredients and their functions in baking and pastry. Other duties but are not limited to: prep work; testing of products; and cleaning of the kitchen. Exposure to baking, safety and sanitation, recipe development, pastry production, cooking techniques, plated dessert preparation, cake decorating, frozen desserts, cookies, chocolates and sugar confections are all involved. This person performs as a training instructor during the pastry and gelato classes, demos and more. This person will be required to travel for various tradeshows and demonstrations within the US, Latin America, and South America as needed to support sales.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct customers and/or coworkers in pastry and gelato classes as scheduled
- Work closely with other departments within the organization in regards to various requests for training opportunities on site and off site
- Work with the Events and Marketing team as needed for various tradeshows, and travel as needed to participate in tradeshows
- Recommend products to customers and potential customers based on their needs and interests
- Research and test PreGel AMERICA’s products as needed to produce innovative pastry applications
- Develop recipes based on results of testing and present them to the Corporate Pastry Chef
- Promote and develop PreGel AMERICA’s pastry line by taking previous knowledge of ingredients and production techniques, combined with acquired knowledge of PreGel AMERICA’s products, and introduce to others in the form of demos, classes, etc.
- Assist the Corporate Pastry Chef in the implementation of the PreGel AMERICA pastry line as outlined in the Pastry Line marketing Plan
- Maintain as accurate understanding of food cost, effective inventory management, sanitation and food safety procedures
- Combine, measure, weigh, roll, mix, blend, knead, cook, cut, and shape ingredients to form a variety of pastry products such as crusts, dough, fillings, cookies, etc.
- Use a variety of equipment including but not limited to ovens, mixers, chocolate tempering machines, batch freezers, blast freezers, display cases, soft serve machines, scales and immersion blenders
- Adjust oven temperatures and observe items while baking to ensure quality end products
- Check the quality of raw materials to make certain that standards and specifications are met
- Ability to adapt the quantity of ingredients to match the amount of finished products needed
- Check equipment to ensure that it meets health and safety regulations
- Maintain a clean and sterile work environment at all times
- Follow Training Center policies and procedures always
- Work closely with your direct team members, as a contributing team player.
- Support PreGel AMERICA in a variety of other duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor
Education, Work Experience and other requirements:
This position will be based out of Chicago, IL. This position requires a minimum of a 4 year degree in pastry/culinary field with 1-3 years of job related experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job as outlined above. Interpersonal communication skills are a must. A strong commitment to a team culture and positive attitude is required. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and work on feet on hard surfaces for extended periods of time daily. Ability to gain, maintain and update a thorough knowledge of all PreGel AMERICA’s products. Travel is required to attend trade shows. Must be able to communicate proficiently in Spanish and English.
This is a full-time position.Submit your resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by U.S. mail
4450 Fortune Ave NW
Concord, NC 28027