Full time warehouse/distribution position located in Grapevine, Texas.
The Distribution Associate is responsible for performing manual and clerical work related to the receiving, storing, and issuing of goods in a shipping and receiving warehouse setting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transacts the release of open items to picking lists.
- Ensures FEFO/FIFO is followed for all transactions.
- Generates packing slips and prepares accurate shipping labels and bills of lading for outbound freight.
- Ensures that drivers depart with appropriate paperwork.
- Performs OS&D (overage, shortage and damage) functions, as required.
- Maintains safe, clean and organized shipping station, stocked with materials and in working order.
- Receives incoming inventory items, inspects for damage, infestation, and/or shortages, stocks inventory in the proper location and forwards receiving records to distribution manager.
- Re-palletizes product received on broken or otherwise damaged pallets, as necessary.
- Pulls, checks, repacks, wraps, and stages orders for shipping.
- Responsible for quality control. No damaged product is shipped out. No damaged product is accepted in.
- Operates powered industrial forklift to transport inventory, unload incoming stock and load orders.
- Performs cycle counts.
- Follows all company policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective, and safe warehouse operations.
- Maintains working knowledge of warehouse data system and performs various tasks within the system.
- Cleans, organizes and maintains housekeeping of warehouse and surrounding area.
- Conducts routine inspections of warehouse aisles for non-compliant issues, spills, damages and report any problems to the Distribution Center Manager
- Maintains professional and courteous contact with third party vendors, drivers, and customers regarding all aspects of the shipping process.
- Supports PreGel America in a variety of other duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor or the Company.
Education, Work Experience and other requirements:
This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED with 2-4 years of experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job as outlined above. Interpersonal communication skills are a must. A strong commitment to a team culture and positive attitude is required. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs on a routine basis throughout course of 8 hour work day.
Must be familiar with WMS systems. Must be detail oriented with excellent communications skills and the ability to establish priorities work independently and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision. Must be able to operate forklift, pallet jack, scales, copiers, scanners, and other office technology. Must be able to independently research, analyze, organize and prioritize work.
This is a full-time position.Submit your resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by U.S. mail